Tuesday, July 27, 2010

day 1 of the blog

July 27, 2010

Okay, I am new to this blogging thing...as I am sure it will show, lol. I wanted to start this to track my journey for all who are interested in reading about it.

This is my second 12 week challenge I have done for myself. I kind of stole the idea from the biggest loser with the exception of me being the only person involved and the "prize" being a healthier me.

My first 12 weeks started March 3, 2010 with excellent results (I was able to lose 55lbs). I took some time off from my diet and exercise (mostly due to the summer heat) but now I am ready to get back on track and lose another 50lbs. I have a goal, by my 35th birthday (which is in 13 weeks) to have lost 100lbs. I am hoping this time around will be just as rewarding for me.

The reason for this blog: I was asked what my secrets were to losing weight...I don't think I really have any secrets. I try to make better choices when it comes to what I eat AND I also exercise daily (walking is my favored method).

Anyone who knows me can tell you I was not kin on the idea of exercise or anything related. I wanted to lose weight, but I wasn't willing to put in the time that was (and is) required to lose it. I didn't think I would magically become skinny without doing anything, but I won't lie...I sure was hoping! lol Well, harsh reality is...it doesn't work that way! It goes back to that old saying "you cannot expect something for nothing." I have found this is true about weight loss also. I have struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember. I have never been a "skinny" person and I have come to terms that I probably will never be "skinny" but to be healthy and feel better physically is my new focus when it comes to weight loss.

My hopes for this blog: I am planning on posting things that I plan on doing that day/week (it is going to be as time allows) in hopes to motivate friends who want to lose weight too! I will also track my journey during the next 12 weeks in hopes that it will reach out and touch someone and show them that YES, IT IS POSSIBLE and YES, IT IS POSSIBLE FOR YOU TOO!

Here is wishing me luck :)

3 comments:

  1. Very inspiring! :) I'm glad you are keeping track this way. Good way to stay motivated because you know you want to write every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to the days ahead, reading your blog and joining you in the weight loss challenge!
    Excellent blog idea Holly!

    ReplyDelete