Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Calorie Counting (for beginner's)

So, I got my first walk of the day in. It was getting terribly hot by the time I finished mile 3 (that was @ 9:15am) may have to consider waking up earlier and getting out there sooner if I continue to do a morning walk, we shall see!


Wanted to share about calorie counting (for those who have never done it). It is really pretty easy. All you have to do is follow the recommended serving size for the food of choice. Look to see how many calories are in a serving and that is what you record. How to determine how many calories you need to lose weight.... One (or really all the ones I have read) of the biggest loser books gives the following formula to figure it out.

take your current weight and multiply by 7 to give you YOUR calories to lose weight.

I put myself on a 1500 calorie intake from the time I started last time...I think originally I was suppose to have just under 2000 though...it was just too many calories for me to consume and I wanted to see results a little quicker. As you lose weight this number will go down...this is what I will be dealing with this time around. I got so accustomed to averaging 1500 calories that I am afraid it will be hard for me to adjust to fewer calories...we shall see though.

No comments:

Post a Comment