Sunday, August 1, 2010

Today's Challenge

I took another day off from what I call exercising (planning to walk) but I did get lots of walking in yesterday as I was out and about with friends.

So, today's challenge will be getting a walk in...60 minutes as usual! I am also going to try that smoothie recipe I posted...hope it is good cause since then I have enjoyed 2 McDonald's fruit smoothies...I might just be addicted to them, so good!

A little about yesterday:

I was out and about all day yesterday looking for a new swim suit! I figured now was the time to look for them since most places have them marked down on clearance. The thing is when they are marked down the pickings are slim...which I expected, but still was in a little shock after going to 2 stores and not able to find anything. I finally did find one that I LOVE and that I feel good in! We are going on vacation and I couldn't see wearing the one I have had for the past 11 years (yes, that is really how long it has been since I have bought a swim suit) that is all stretched out. Here is the crazy thing though...I tried on a suit that was a size 16 and it actually fit me!!! I haven't worn a size 16 since college days. So can I just tell you how excited I was, VERY!

My adventures out yesterday, also included dining out at a Chinese Buffet nonetheless . I feel it is important to share this to show I am an everyday person. My plates (yes, I had more than one, lol) consisted of mostly chicken and broccoli (it's my favorite). But I also had beef and broccoli with onion and peppers, some peanut butter chicken (yum, good stuff) and of course crab ragoon...cause no visit is complete without them! Here is the thing though...this meal was my ONLY meal yesterday and I probably consumed at least 1500 calories within this meal alone. I know everything that you read (or at least that I have read) says you should not eat only one meal a day and how unhealthy it is. Honestly though I had this at lunch time and my body was not telling me it needed to eat at dinner. I even felt content when I went to bed too.

I am not saying you should do this regularly, cause you shouldn't. 3 meals or 6 meals daily is the norm and should be. BUT, I think it is important to listen to your body too. If you aren't hungry at meal times you shouldn't eat. But if you are, then you should. If I was hungry at dinner time I would have kept it light with a veggie salad to counter balance my meal from earlier.

1 comment:

  1. Everyone deserves to have a cheat meal once in a while, if you don't then you tend to get burned out! BUT the swimsuit was very cute and a good choice! :) Today I am going to go out and get a pedometer and find me a light that I can use when I start my walk/jogging at night!! Have fun today and keep up the good work, you will get lot's of walking in on vacation!

    ReplyDelete